The Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link) operates since 1998. Its members include all the academic and research institutions operating under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Education & Religious Affairs.
The HEAL-Link Consortium actively participates in projects, initiatives, and relevant developments that shape the scientific publications landscape in Greece. This is done in a way that is beneficial to its members and to the scientific community, in general. Its main goals are:
- to establish common policies on journals subscriptions, and promote the rational growth of its journals collection,
- to combine financial savings with access to a large number of electronic resources that meet the educational and research needs of its user community,
- to negotiate the signing of joint subscription agreements with publishers, and provide/manage remote access to electronic resources and information services (the electronic journals included) to its members
- to offer advanced services to the academic community to support the educational and research mission of the community and its members
- to support Open Science in the academic environment, providing all possible means for a sustainable advancement of science, research and education.
We are very proud that HEAL-Link Greece has entered a Transformative Agreement with Springer Nature.