Starting 01 January 2023, Springer Nature has agreed the largest Transformative Agreement in Japan with 10 institutions participating in an innovative pilot. This will see nearly 900 articles published OA in the coming year, marking a significant step forward to Open Science in the region.
This innovative agreement allows researchers from the signatory bodies to publish OA in over 2,000 Springer Nature journals, and will:
- Increase the global visibility of Japan’s academic research
- Enable more researchers to publish their work OA and benefit from the increased citations and downloads it provides
- Contribute to the improvement of research outputs and global presence of the participating universities
- Facilitate sustainable access to Springer Nature’s wide range of academic journals
- Provide for a more equitable approach to OA amongst Japan’s universities