Wellcome-funded researchers can now organise and share research data faster with Research Data Support
If you are a researcher who receives funding from the Wellcome Trust, you are now able to access Research Data Support from Springer Nature at no cost to you. The pilot aims to increase accessibility and reuse of your research.
What are research data and Research Data Support?
Research data refers to the collection of files that support your research project, study or publication.
Research Data Support is a Springer Nature service that organises and curates your data, making it more useful, findable and accessible. It enables other researchers to view and learn from your research and encourages your data and associated publication to be cited and reused.
Accepted datasets are published in the figshare repository and contain rich descriptions of your data and links to the associated publication.
Benefits of sharing data and using Research Data Support
- Expert curation by experienced research data editors ensures that your data can be easily discovered and reused.
- Increased exposure of your research to your community – research articles with open data are cited up to 50% more.*
- Meet the data sharing requirements of your institution and funder more easily.
- Lead the way in open research by sharing your data.
- Drive change, inspire policy, help society and progress scientific innovation.
Using the Research Data Support service is quick and simple.
1. Check if your data are ready to publish by completing our enquiry form.
2. Upload your data privately and securely in the repository.
3. In the ‘Agreement to pay’ field, select ‘This research was Wellcome funded’.
4. Submit your dataset and one of our editors will be in touch to confirm your submission and begin organising and curating your files.
**Your Wellcome funding or affiliation will be verified as part of the initial submission. Datasets will be curated and published within 2-5 business days, or published at the same time as associated journal articles.
Got a question?
Contact our research data helpdesk and choose 'I want to join the Wellcome Trust funded pilot' in the 'What is your enquiry about' drop down list.
Not ready to submit your research data?
Join the growing research data community. Join today.
You can learn more about the Wellcome-funded pilot by reading the press release and blog post.
Not a Wellcome-funded researcher?
Find out how to submit your research data today.
*Pienta et al (2010)
Piwowar & Vision (2013)
Henneken & Accomazzi (2011)
Dorch et al (2015)
Sears et al (2011)