MEDLINE ® is the National Library of Medicine’s ® (NLM®) journal citation database, and is a subset of data in PubMed of journals and book series that have been reviewed and accepted for full indexing.
- MEDLINE includes citations from more than 5,200 scholarly journals published around the world in about 40 languages, about 60 languages for older journals, and more than 24 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine.
- MEDLINE uses the NLM controlled vocabulary, Medical Subject Headings (MeSH ®), to index citations.
- Only journals that meet PubMed's scientific standards are indexed in MEDLINE.
- Errata are processed and applied as appropriate, funding numbers are extracted and indexed.
For more information, visit nlm.nih.gov/bsd/pmresources.html
PsycINFO provides information on interdisciplinary behavioral and social science literature. It includes document types such as journal articles, book chapters, book reviews, editorials, tests, and assessment instruments. It also offers research methodologies such as clinical case reports, empirical studies and literature reviews. The database allows search functionality to identify grant or funding source.
For more information, visit
PubMed Central is an Open Access repository, and all its content is automatically forwarded to PubMed. Metadata for these articles and books go into PubMed (but not MEDLINE).
PubMed is a freely searchable database at the National Library of Medicine. It is one of the leading databases comprising more than 28 million citations for biomedical literature.
PubMed citations come from:
- MEDLINE indexed journals
- Journals and manuscripts deposited in PMC, including Open Choice articles and NIH Manuscripts
- NCBI Bookshelf
For more information, visit ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Research Papers in Economics is a collaborative effort to enhance the discovery of research in economics, business, management, and statistics. It contains working papers, journal articles, books, book chapters, and software components.
For more information, visit repec.org
Scopus is one of the leading abstract and citation databases containing 22,800 titles from more than 5,000 publishers worldwide.
- There are more than 69 million records in Scopus, which includes over 21,950 peer-reviewed journals including over 3,600 full open access journals.
- More than 150,000 books with 20,000 added every year.
- Scopus also receives our metadata for journals and eBooks.
For more information, visit elsevier.com/solutions/scopus
Thomson Reuters Web of Science
The Web of Science Core Collection offered by Thomson Reuters is a leading citation index helping researchers at a global level to discover content from a single platform. Web of Science indexes cited and citing works. Web of Science also helps researchers in identifying leading authors, leading research organizations, hot topics, and highly cited articles and books.
Core Collections include:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index®
- Book Citation Index™
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index®
- Current Chemical Reactions®
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Index Chemicus®
- Science Citation Index Expanded®
- Science Citation Index (SCI).
- Subset of SCI-E
- Social Sciences Citation Index®
For more information, visit ipscience.thomsonreuters.com
Zentrablatt MATH (zbMATH)
zbMATH is the world’s most comprehensive and longest-running abstracting and reviewing service in pure and applied mathematics. The zbMATH database contains about 4 million bibliographic entries with reviews or abstracts currently drawn from about 3,000 journals and serials, and 180,000 books. About 7,000 active expert reviewers from all over the world contribute reviews to zbMATH.
For more information, visit zbmath.org