Research Data Support Helpdesk
Springer Nature provides a research data policy support service for authors and editors, which can be contacted at email@example.com.
This service provides advice on research data policies of funders, institutions and journals and on finding research data repositories. It is independent of journal, book and conference proceedings editorial offices and does not advise on specific manuscripts.
Scope of the service
• Help identify a research data policy type, from Springer Nature’s standard data policy framework, for their journal
• Identifying relevant data repositories for their audience, that can be recommended to authors
• Advice on implementation and management of research data policies in journals
• Educational materials and support for better integration of data and literature
• Information on the research data policy of their target journal(s)
• Help identifying suitable data repositories for their research data
• Information on data reporting standards for different research communities
• Advice on funders’ and institutions’ data sharing and open data policies*
• We can direct you to an institutional or funding body contact where appropriate
Out of scope:
• Advice on applying for research funding
• Advice on writing data management plans
• Advice for authors on specific manuscripts being submitted or under peer review
• Research data policies of learned societies
*Questions about funder and institutional open access policies (for publications, rather than data) can be answered here.