No matter where you are in your career, it can be helpful to hear from people going through similar experiences. That's why we're bringing you a round up of articles from the Nature Careers site, where you can find advice, information about different career paths, and inspiration to achieve your goals.
1. This former postdoc found rewarding work in the gig economy.
2. This researcher moved into science communications with help from a life coach.
3. A trip to the museum led this scientist out of the lab and into a new job as a freelance curator.
4. This former biochemist found work at a non-profit organization where she can still use her research skills.
5. Data science may be a career option for people with a variety of academic backgrounds. Listen to this episode of the Working Scientist podcast for some advice on how to transition into the field.
Visit the Nature Careers homepage for more interviews, news, and essays on life and work as a researcher.