No matter where you are in your career, it can be helpful to hear from people going through similar experiences. That's why we're bringing you a round-up of articles from the Nature Careers site, where you can find advice, information about different career paths, and inspiration to achieve your goals.
The start of a new year is a perfect time to make plans and enact change. If your plans involve advancing your career in research, here are some ideas for New Year's resolutions that can help make that happen:
1. Take advantage of networking tools that can provide you with resources and support.
2. Start looking for jobs before you finish your PhD.
3. On that topic, don’t miss your PhD deadline!
4. Get engaged with an online community and make some new connections.
5. Read some poetry—it could help your science communication skills.
6. Take some writing tips from Cormac McCarthy.
7. And lastly, don't forget to send thank you notes!
Visit the Nature Careers homepage for more interviews, news, and essays on life and work as a researcher.