To improve the quality of our records and to be more RDA compliant we will release enriched MARC records on August 31, 2018. This concerns MARC21 and MARCxml books and journal records available through the MARC download tool and article MARC which can be received through FTP. We will re-create our MARC records so that all records for journals, books and articles available from Springer Nature will contain the enrichments.
The changes include field enrichments and syntax changes and we have been adding some subfields with URIs. We will also include more print ISBNs to the eBook MARC record and not only add one related print rendition but the ISBN of every related print book (except MyCopy).
Details on changes and enhancements:
- The ORCID iD field will be split and there will be two fields, one for the ID ($0) and one that contains the URL ($1). In addition the ORCID will be add to book records for editors in 700.
- CrossRef changed the DOI links and they no longer contain a ‘dx’ so we will remove it and we also replace ‘http’ by ‘https’.
- We will add a new subfield $0 to MARC 650/14, containing the concept URI from SciGraph.
- The records will be enhanced with relator codes for editors (700) and relationship URIs will be introduced for authors and editors in $4 (100, 110, 700).
- For books we will add print ISBNs of all related print titles (e.g. softcover, hardcover) to 776 by repeating the 776 tag.
- For the German speaking countries we will add the new library code ZDB-2-SOB for Open Access books to 912 (in addition to the already existing OA information in 506). ZDB-2-SIR for German reference titles can no longer exist as a single code but will be add together with another eBook package code.
- We also improved our subject classification for 650/14 by assigning less general disciplines and we will enhance our publisher location mapping. Both only concerns the accuracy of the field value but there are no new fields introduced.