Prize Draw Rules
Prize Draw Rules
Terms agreed on 8/07/21
Please read these rules carefully. By taking part in this prize draw (The Draw) you agree that you have read and accepted these rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the Prize Draw. In this document, “We” or “Us” is Springer Verlag London, 4 Crinan Street, London N1 9XW, UK.
1. “You” refers to the Participant or the Winner. The Participant is a user who has been invited to take part in user research and enter a prize draw (“the Draw”) in exchange for participating in design research activities such as online surveys. The Winner is a user who wins the Draw (“The Winner”).
2. The Draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over except employees of Springer Nature Limited and any related companies, agents, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Draw. The Draw is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and all countries worldwide except residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria, and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Please note that this Draw is not open to persons resident in countries where local, state, provincial, or national laws prohibit the Draw of, operation of, or participation in sweepstakes, lotteries or similar prize draws.
3. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups, or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will not be accepted. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted and any violation of these rules will result in your disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated.
4. The Winner will be drawn at random within one month of the closing date from all validly submitted entries (the “Draw Date”). Prizes will be given as prepaid credit cards or Springer Nature book vouchers.
5. The Draw is limited to one entry per person. If We suspect that a Participant has used multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry, only one entry will be considered.
6. By entering the Draw, all Participants hereby agree that We may collect and use their personal information, including the transfer of their personal data for the purposes of the administration of the Draw. We do not accept responsibility for personal information submitted being lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. The Winner will be notified by email within a month following the Draw Date and must claim their prize within 90 days of notification. We will not be responsible for the prize once claimed for any of the following reasons: lost, damaged, or deletion of the prize. In the event of any Winner failing to claim their prize after 90 days following notification, the Winner can contact us at email@example.com to discuss the issue that occurred in claiming their prize on time.
8. No purchase of our products is necessary to enter the Draw. This Draw acts as an incentive for the completion of surveys and other activities related to design research work conducted by Springer Nature Digital. To enter without completing any activity, please contact the UX Research Operations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, email address, and the survey containing the Draw you would like to take part in.
9. Winners will be asked to provide their name, email address, and location before the prize is given.
10. Prizes will be as stated. If the prize is a voucher, it cannot be transferred to a cash alternative. Equally, a cash prize cannot be transferred to a voucher alternative. Prizes are subject to availability and We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. All taxes, costs, liabilities, and unspecified expenses associated with the usage of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
12. We reserve the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue the Draw at any time. This is without limitation where it is necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or if it cannot be guaranteed that the draw can be carried out correctly for technical or legal reasons or if We suspect that any person has been manipulating the administration of the Draw or has acted unethically in any other way.
13. Except as excluded by law, Springer Nature accepts no responsibility for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof.
We are also not responsible for any injury or damage to a Participant's, or any other person's, computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Draw, or for mail-in or submitted entries that are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible.
14. As a condition of entering the Draw, all Participants agree that: (a) under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; and (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such claims, judgments or awards include legal fees.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.