What does that mean for Springer Nature?
By signing Springer Nature undertakes to work towards upholding the recommendations that DORA outlines for publishers.
- We will provide a wide array of metrics to allow for a fair assessment of research.
- We encourage responsible authorship practices and will seek to either include author contribution statements or adapt CRediT in line with the standards NISO is currently establishing.
- We are a participant in the Initiative for Open Citations (I4OC) and have committed to release reference list metadata publicly.
- Our journals do not have a constrain on the number of references in research articles.
- We will seek to encourage the citation of primary literature in favour of reviews.