We’re happy to share some upcoming developments for the newly launched Springer Nature Librarian Portal and other platform updates related to MPS Insights and Site License Administration Account.
- This means you will no longer be able to access this administration tool, and should only log in to the Springer Nature Librarian Portal for all your nature.com content administration needs.
- Since the launch of the new Librarian Portal, our development team has been focused on ensuring that the administration functionalities available on nature.com Site License Administration Account also be available on the new portal. With the nature.com Site License Administration Account serving more as read-only tool for some time now, we feel confident that Springer Nature Librarian Portal can fully support your administrations needs for all nature.com licensed content.
Starting mid-October 2018, you will be able to download all nature.com, SpringerLink, SpringerMaterials, Nano and Adis standard COUNTER release 4 usage reports directly from the Springer Nature Librarian Portal.
- This expansion is the latest step in our plan to integrate all administrator functions and features to one interface. SpringerLink, SpringerMaterials, Nano and Adis COUNTER reports continue to also be available via the Springer Admin Portal. Although we are working towards soon having all Springer Nature platforms’ data only be generated in a newly built, unified system.*
*A note on consistency of the usage data
We are building a unified system for gathering and delivering COUNTER data. We continue to be fully COUNTER compliant. However, you may notice a dip or increase in reported usage between data created by MPS Insights and data created in our new system.
As of October 31, 2018 MPS Insights will be disabled and shut down
- This means you will no longer be able to access this administration tool, and should only log in to the Springer Nature Librarian Portal for all your nature.com COUNTER report needs.
How to prepare for the change
- Please note, you will not be able to access nature.com COUNTER reports from MPS Insights after October 31, 2018
- If you need usage data from January 2016 or earlier, or any reports that are not mandated by the COUNTER 4 Code of Practice, please download the data from MPS Insights before the end of October.
- If you get COUNTER data delivered via SUSHI, please change the endpoint for the call to: http://services.springer.com/sushi/nature.
If you download data for a consortium
In the Springer Nature Librarian Portal, your consortia members list will be the same as for other Springer Nature systems. The list of members might slightly differ from the list that MPS Insights uses.